Friday, January 16, 2009

Josh Haden At The NAMM Show



Yesterday I attended the NAMM show as a guest of Gallien-Krueger bass amplifiers. NAMM stands for National Association of Music Merchants and this once-a-year four-day show is a chance for music instrument & equipment manufacturers to exhibit their latest products and talk business. There are lots of seminars with titles like "How to sell your product and not be a jerk about it" and "You have a website, now what?".

For musicians its a chance to be inspired by new instruments, products, and innovations, and to connect with merchants and see old friends.

I love Martin acoustic guitars, like this Stephen Stills model. Someday I'll own one, but I'll probably have to start with the basic model.



Fleabass is a new bass designed by Flea from the Red Hot Chili Peppers. It looks really cool, and seems to be geared toward younger players and those who are just starting out. I bet it plays and sounds great. I got to talk with Flea a little about it. He's an inspiration to me. He started a music school here in L.A. called the Silver Lake Conservatory of Music and its main purpose is to bring music education to kids who might not otherwise have access to it, due to financial stress and/or absence of music programs in public schools. Check out the Conservatory's website and make a donation if you can.



Dr. Lonnie Liston Smith.



Classic American Kazoos make pick-ups for kazoos. Plus their kazoos are made in the USA, very high quality. Thanks for the kazoos guys!



The NAMM disco party will start soon, but not yet.



Much appreciation to Gallien-Krueger for inviting me once again to the NAMM show. I've been using G-K bass amps since I was a teenager and I won't plug my bass into anything else. Thanks Bob, Brian, and Christine!