Sunday, January 4, 2009

Frida's Taqueria



Lisa and I were on the Westside of L.A. a few days ago and decided to try Frida's Taqueria, which Lisa had been hearing a lot of good things about.

Frida's Taqueria is a kind of "taco stand" version of the much more upscale Frida's Restaurant chain that has three locations around Southern California. Lisa and I ate at the Glendale Frida's and I didn't really like it. Its located in a shopping mall which really doesn't help the food any. The food might have been good but I couldn't tell because it was so cold by the time it got to us. Plus the entire restaurant staff seemed like they really didn't want to be there. It was just before Christmas so maybe that's understandable, but I won't be going back.

Frida's Taqueria, on the other hand, was great. I had the chicken burrito and it was one of the best burritos I've had in my life. It was simple (and pretty cheap) but had great flavors. The hot sauce was really good too. Also, its located in the Brentwood Country Mart which brings back nice childhood memories of going there (way before Frida's ever existed) with my parents when I was a little kid. I'll definitely be going back.

FYI last time I went to Paco's Tacos and ordered Paco's Burrito it had tortilla chips inside! Horrible! I asked my waitress if it was a mistake and she said the cook told her it always comes like that. I've never encountered this before, and I've been going to Paco's for a long time. Has this happened to any of you out there? Or is it a cover-up?!

No comments: