If George Bush's America was the corrupt and narcissistic money, power, oil, violence, and greed-addicted junkie always looking for a fix, Barack Obama's America is an addict in recovery, searching for peace and wishing to do whatever she can to better her ways and live a clean and healthy life.
So, then, here are the 12-Steps for the recovery of America, courtesy Alcoholics Anonymous.
1. America admits she is powerless over money, power, oil, violence, and greed—that her life has become unmanageable.
2. America comes to believe that a Power greater than herself can restore her to sanity.
3. America makes a decision to turn her will and her life over to the care of God as she understands Him.
4. America makes a searching and fearless moral inventory of herself.
5. America admits to God, to herself, to another human being, and to another country, the exact nature of her wrongs.
6. America is entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
7. America humbly asks Him to remove her shortcomings.
8. America makes a list of all persons and countries she had harmed, and becomes willing to make amends to them all.
9. America makes direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10. America continues to take personal inventory and when she is wrong promptly admits it.
11. America seeks through prayer and meditation to improve her conscious contact with God as she understands Him, praying only for knowledge of His Will for her and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, she tries to carry this message to other money, power, oil, violence, and greed-addicted countries, and to practice these principles in all her affairs.
Good luck America! See you at the next meeting!