Thursday, August 21, 2008

Charlie Haden Family And Friends At Lincoln Center Aug. 24 2008

Charlie Haden Family & Friends will be playing their debut performance this Sunday, Aug. 24 2008 at Lincoln Center in NYC as part of the 25th annual Roots Of American Music Festival.

This show is in anticipation of the debut Charlie Haden Family & Friends album recorded in Nashville to be released September 23 on Decca Records. The songs include a mix of classic country and bluegrass with gospel, folk, and jazz. In addition to Charlie and his wife Ruth, kids Josh, Rachel, Petra, and Tanya, artists appearing on the album include Pat Metheny, Elvis Costello, Rosanne Cash, Bruce Hornsby, Bela Fleck, Jack Black, Ricky Skaggs, Vince Gill, Dan Tyminski, Sam Bush, Jerry Douglas, Stuart Duncan, Bryan Sutton, and others.

I'll be there singing my song "Spiritual". My dad Charlie will be playing bass and his wife Ruth will be singing, my sisters Rachel, Petra, and Tanya will be singing great harmonies, and the core group of Dan Tyminski, Sam Bush, Jerry Douglas, Stuart Duncan, and Bryan Sutton will be playing as well. I'm not sure, but I think there'll be surprise guests also. I wonder who they'll be? Hmmm....

I'll be blogging from NYC the entire time, check here for updates.

I understand more gigs in the States and Europe are being planned, if you're not in the New York area stay tuned!

Charlie Haden Family & Friends
New York City
Lincoln Center Out Of Doors/Roots Of American Music Festival
Damrosch Park Bandshell
Sunday, August 24 - 7pm
Free

P.S. the festival headliner is Patti Smith! Whoa!! Also, the Knitters will be playing too!

1 comment:

danlevy said...

I just came home from Lincoln Center...great concert!