Friday, February 15, 2008

Haden Family Album - From USA Today

Jazz, country stars join Haden's family

Charlie Haden brings together jazz and country for an album due from Decca Records in July. Ricky Skaggs, Bruce Hornsby, Vince Gill, Pat Metheny, Béla Fleck and others joined the Grammy-winning bassist in January for sessions at Skaggs' studio.

"We did some Stanley Brothers songs, some Carter Family songs, some things I used to do with my family when I was just a little kid," says Haden, who was in a country-gospel group called the Haden Family before becoming a jazz musician. "We did a lot of songs that weren't necessarily country, but it's all about when I was a kid and my family and the people I played music with."

The sessions involved Haden's wife, Ruth; his son, Josh; and triplets Petra, Tanya and Rachel, each of whom has a music career.

"My kids have been involved in music since they were 3 and 4," Haden says. "I really wanted to do a record with all of them, where they could be the Haden Family again."

•Brian Mansfield
USA Today
http://www.usatoday.com/life/2008-02-14-coming-attractions_N.htm

No comments: