Friday, April 30, 2010

Kickstart The 7" Version Of Spain's "I'm Still Free" Single

As you may or may not have heard, my band Spain was planning to release, with an outside label, a 7" of our first new songs in over eight years - "I'm Still Free", and "Hang Your Head Down Low" - recorded during the summer of 2009. The agreement with said record label fell through, as agreements sometimes do, and I'm left with two great songs and no money for upfront 7" manufacturing costs (I did release the songs digitally and as a limited edition CD single, much less expensive endeavors). I decided to partner with a website called Kickstarter.com and appeal directly to you for support in manufacturing the single to 7" vinyl, the way the songs should have been released in the first place.

If you go to our page at Kickstarter, you'll see there are different levels of involvement within which you can participate in the manufacturing of the 7", starting at $10 for a copy of the disc sent to you, to $15 for an autographed copy, to $20 for an autographed copy and your name printed on the back of the 7" jacket as a way of thanking you for your support. Once you make a pledge, you'll get access to exclusive messages and updates on how the progress of the manufacturing is going. Also on the website is a short video of me explaining the project, with a surprise guest appearance by my cat Dexter.

No comments: