Friday, November 21, 2008

Spain will be playing a very special show next Saturday, November 29, at the Roxy in Los Angeles.

Its a retirement fund benefit for my former high school English teacher, Jim Hosney.

Jim didn't just have a profound influence on me as a youngster, he did so on lots of other kids all of whom, Jim saw, had the germ of an artist waiting to be released.

If you'd like to read a recent article on him, there's one here.

Spain will be playing one song as part of a program of bands and musicians (all alumnus of Jim's high school classes) playing songs from Jim's favorite movies.

Other bands and musicians playing will be my sister Rachel Haden, my brother-in-law's band Tenacious D, Gillian Welch, Juliette Commagére & Joachim Cooder, Anna Waronker, Maya Rudolph, John Gold, and more.

More information and ticket purchasing can be found at http://hosneyunderground.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Josh,

This is Armando De Avila, I went to CalArts with you for a time, I don't know that you would remember me. We had a few classes together, with Steve Erickson, possibly with Peter Gadol.

Anyway, I just saw your and your family's performance on Letterman. Really nice show, cheers.