Monday, January 7, 2008

Haden Family: Nashville Pt. 1

Today was my first full day in Nashville at Ricky Skaggs' studio recording the Haden Family cd.

Ricky Skaggs is a huge country and bluegrass star with millions of records sold around the world, and his studio reflects this.





Grammy award statues, gold records, and country music memorabilia are everywhere.







It is an honor to even be around such greatness, I can't believe I get to record here!

My sisters sang all day today and I wanted to get some photos of them in the vocal booth but I was afraid I'd make too much noise. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow.

Here's a photo of my dad and Petra working on some harmonies.



The musicians laying down the instrumental tracks along with my dad were incredible and I'll have some photos of them very soon.

It was a great day and I felt good despite the fact that I hadn't yet recovered from the jet lag from my trip over (delayed flights, awake for 24 hours straight, etc). Tomorrow (actually now its later today) I'll be a lot more rested.

Until then...

2 comments:

Simone said...

Hey Josh! This is great. I look forward to reading it regularly and keeping up on the happenings there.

Josh Haden said...

Thanks Simone!