Thursday, December 27, 2007

Haden Family Rehearsal

Today we had a rehearsal for the upcoming Haden Family cd to be recorded next month in Nashville, Tennessee. We'll be performing traditional country, bluegrass, and folk songs, many of which were originally performed by the Haden Family in the 1930s, 1940s, and 1950s, and some incredible musicians like Ricky Skaggs and Mark Fain will be joining us in the studio.

Here is my dad and my sister Petra conferring on a song.



My dad and the Haden Triplets rehearsing vocal parts.



Merlo helped out with guitar.



All in all it was a lot of fun, even though I still haven't been able to run through my parts yet. We'll be rehearsing all the way up to the recording session which begins in early January.

Tomorrow I'm meeting with my good friend Nate at the Los Angeles Athletic Club in Downtown L.A. to scope the venue out for Nate's wedding. I'm really excited to be going inside such an historic building and I'll be sure to take lots of pictures.

Tomorrow night Lisa and I HAVE to go to our favorite Mexican food restaurant Paco's Taco's and I'll make sure to report from there as well.

I can't close today's post without saying somthing about the assassination of Benazir Bhutto, which I found out about today after I got home from the Haden Family rehearsal. I'm not an expert in politics, but there was something about her I liked, and I'm very sad for humankind tonight.

No comments: